Monday, March 05, 2007

last week as a 25 year old

so...I hit 25...it was great...car insurance went down....I can rent a car without having to pay through the nose...and that year is winding down....
I had a good laugh about it this morning....my last week as a 25 year old? What the heck is that?
It's almost like I'm hanging up the very last remnants of my childhood....moving out of the mid-twenties....peeking around the corner at my late twenties...
what have I accomplished?
Well, I have a house...a great job...I'm marrying the most wonderful man alive who just happens to be my best friend. I've graduated college twice....I'm in a great church and being used in ministry....
that's a lot right? So why do I feel like this is just the beginning of an even more wild ride?

4 comments:

mira said...

so theoretically you've passed one quarter of your life (at least if you live to be 100 which is a personal goal of mine provided Jesus doesn't come back before then).

happy birthday!!! (yeah don't even know what day it is, but to my credit I often don't know my own age much less anyone else's)

Bug and Eye said...

I was aiming for 120, but I'd take 100 ;-)

Birthday is Saturday, no sweat....I can't remember many either.....I know Bug's is Christmas Day :-) (LOL the other day I had to stop and add to see how old we are....man this getting old stuff sucks ;-) )

Mrs. Guthrie said...

*lol* Well, I still fill *ahem* "young". Maybe that has something to do with my Mr. being 33 on Friday and I am definitely still in my 20's, albeit it's the upper 20's, but does that matter??

Bug and Eye said...

LOL maybe....although Bug feels old at 27....so maybe it's all relative...dunno...I'll let ya know after Saturday, ha ha.