Monday, February 26, 2007

hmmm....

so it's snowing in Buffalo again...I'm sure this stuns, shocks and amazes you. Um, what day is summer this year?
I'm in a sort of rambly type mood and thought maybe our loyal readers would enjoy an update....
not much is new. Gotta go see about making my car stop dripping tranny fluid on Thursday (pray for an inexpensive fix)....waiting for nicer weather to re-list the house (pray for God to give me wisdom and a solution to this whole having to pay a mortgage thing...)....trying to figure out exactly what we want for our wedding and just how we will pay for it....Darryl is still looking for a second job....
and yet in the midst of the trials, I am at peace...which probably shocks you a whole lot more than the snow.....Amazing how faithful our God is....He never changes, He never shifts or gets bored with me and my constant worries and trials...instead...He holds me up and refines me and supplies me with the strength to take this breath and take that step....I must quote Mary here "My soul doeth magnify the Lord"
so in the true tradition of being the lyric queen...some more lyrics for you...old one...good one...brings tears....but brings a smile in the midst of those tears....
because:
When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul
It is well (it is well)
With my soul (with my soul)
It is well, it is well with my soul
My sin o the joy of this glorious thought
My sin not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross
andI bear it no more
Praise the lord, praise the lord,O my soul!
And lord haste the day
When my faith shall be sight
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll
The trump shall resound and
The lord shall descend
Even so it is well with my soul

Let these words wash over you today...and may you find peace, whatever storm is rolling over you....
remember...
Sometimes God quiets the storm...sometimes He lets the storm rage and quiets the child....

I know the plans I have for you ... Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: