Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"hump day"

what a weird phrase. yeah, we're halfway through the week...but we're also busting our humps...so hmm...weird.
I used to write a column for my college newspaper (Et Cetera) called "Deep Thoughts on Shallow Subjects"
I once wrote about the origin of the cliche "the rule of thumb" and then I wrote one on complicated simplicity...how things as simple as pencils become complicated. yes.
quite deep....but I haven't had my coffee yet so there will be no deep thoughts :-)
I'm heading out to the boonies this weekend to be with my family...man I hate this week. but hopefully there will be some vegging involved and I might get some much needed rest.
man this is a boring post...aren't you glad you stopped by today?

6 comments:

mira said...

of course I am. at least it gave me something to do ;-)

Mrs. Guthrie said...

#1 - hmmm... quite the name for the post. Never mind what I initially thought.

#2 - what did you learn about the "rule of thumb"?

Bug and Eye said...

LOL glad you enjoyed and
the rule of thumb actually comes from a rule saying you can beat your wife provided the stick you use is no wider than your thumb...
CONCLUSION: so as long as your wife beating stick is no wider than your thumb, never pick plaids and dots.

Bug and Eye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Guthrie said...

*lol* Just wondered if what you learned was the same as what we had heard... crazy times way back when. J and I did get a kick out of the rule of thumb thing when we heard it though... I cannot imagine living in a time where that would be... legal? "acceptable" or whatever you would have called it. I'd beat back. :) *lol*

Bug and Eye said...

YUP!!!
and what was permissible for the wife to do to the hubby who came home smelling like he drank the tavern dry??? ;-)

(maybe this comment won't post twice....had to delete the last one...)