Monday, March 19, 2007

tired....very tired.

Well. I survived the weekend. It was kind of an emotional roller coaster...Friday was heart wrenching, as expected....went to mom's....we cried, made scrapbook pages of pictures of Shawn, cried, watched a video his friend made of pictures of him, cried, ate stuff....and were mildly amused when Nana delivered the cake we ordered.....Nana ordered a white cake with white frosting and "We'll always love you, Shawn" in red with a heart on top....Giant made it yellow cake and took it upon themselves to add "Happy Birthday" ...so we had a good laugh out of that...but all-in-all, it was a very draining day....Bug gets major props though....I had dropped him off in Cuba so he could get some sleep (he worked 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. then we drove to Cuba...) so when I got home he just let me be then curled up with me and held me and made me eat....I love him so much...and I really have to hand it to him...I'm not the easiest to deal with when those days happen....
Saturday we vegetized for a while then decided to get some groceries.....wonderful Nathaniel shoveled us out so we could...then Giant is doing this giveaway....so we decide to see what we can get....so we end up with a free loaf of bread and half gallon of OJ....sweet, right? then the little trainee dude is wandering around the store handing out more certificates so we ended up with another free loaf of bread.....which we gave to Nathaniel 'cause I was all about making something in the bread maker....
we opt for whole grain pasta and super chunky mushroom sauce for dinner, stop for Chinese and head home....watch a movie (the Departed....great except for the VERY rough language) and crash on the couch/floor...then dad calls to say that the roads are clear if we'd like to come over for my postponed birthday party...so I wake the Bug up.....who is fighting a migraine....baby him some and we head out...after three layer chocolate fudge cake with death by chocolate ice cream and some quality time with dad and his sheep (BTW, I held their new lamb...two days old at the time...and melted. yeah I guess there's still a little country girl left in me....)...then we head home...and because we're old....we're up long enough for me to toss some ingredients in the bread maker and a load of laundry in the washer....we head for bed....at 9:30....we read long enough for the wash to cycle so I can toss it in the dryer.....and then we're out....sad right?
Sunday was relatively uneventful...I made potato pancakes for Bug for breakfast and cut my finger when he distracted me....then we headed to Angelica so I could have my mother/daughter birthday lunch (which rocked....my mom is so cute. we ordered lunch and then she says "so, how many days do we have because we have to decide if I can wear the dress I want to to the wedding") Bug hung with the little sis...we looked at some pics for the wedding video.....then the long. boring. tedious.....downright painful drive back....remember when you were 16 and you could drive for days without it bugging you? and now....anything over a 10 minute drive is annoying....lol....more so since I became a "city gal" and everything is 10 minutes away.....rather than 45.......lol....anyway....
that's the synopsis of my weekend....how was yours?

4 comments:

Pauley said...

remember when you were 16 and you could drive for days without it bugging you? and now....anything over a 10 minute drive is annoying

HA!!! You're OLD!!!

-- Pauley

Bug and Eye said...

HA! you're older than I am...so watch it ;-)
yeah, yeah, I know....but dude...have you ever done the trek up 16 to the 400? BORING!!

mira said...

everything is at least 20 minutes here... but at least it's pretty.

I went to a market on Sat, going again this Sat and hopefully posting pics when we get back. very fun.

Bug and Eye said...

ooh! I love Market pics!