Tuesday, March 27, 2007

wait...WHAT????

today's mind boggler:
Why is it more expensive to do a simple wedding ourselves than to pay to have it all done?
I mean seriously!!
and get this.....it's more expensive to have a dry reception package than to have the one with the unlimited open bar package.....who was sleeping at the wheel with that one?
*grumble*
Wedding planning is supposed to be fun!!
although, it is rather cute watching Bug look at wedding websites and read the magazine articles with me :-) I love how involved he is! He even helped me pick out the girls' dresses!

so now that I've ranted.....

It's Tuesday.....and I have no fun picks of laundry or food to show because I have yet to invest in a digital camera....Bug's got one and the frugal side of me says to not get one since we'll be merging households in roughly 508 days....but then again.....nothing wrong with us each having one right? This is where it gets amusing...his dad will not buy anything without a full investigation into consumer reports....more to come when I announce to Darryl I've discovered the need to buy a digital camera.....

6 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

nice... colors? :)

Bug and Eye said...

sage & gold :-)
girls in sage, gold vests for the guys and a tiny gold tiara for my MOH....and the best part is the dresses are cheap and re-wearable! woo woo!

Mrs. Guthrie said...

sweet! They will love that!

Bug and Eye said...

:-) Thanks!
practical = good = girls not wanting to strangle me with the dress I made them buy ;-)

mira said...

hmm...I don't think my girls ever wanted to strangle me, especially when it came to dresses, lol.

there are a TON of really cheap brand new cameras on ebay, I can even give you a seller name that my mother and I have both bought from with great results... just think how enriched the next 500 some odd days would be if you could document every waking moment!

Bug and Eye said...

nope, no strangling. that would be because you were practical and budget conscious!
and yes please!!!! getting a camera sooner sounds delightful! and since you and Ernie are such wonderful bargain hunters, I'm in great company!!!!