Wednesday, March 17, 2010

wow.

I had forgotten how much energy a 17 year old girl has in a mall. But it was a great weekend, and she had a blast, so all very much worth it.
Got my bloodwork back...no diabetes - PTL! Still waiting on the stomach biopsies.....and still trusting in God for peace through it all.

Yesterday was a very hard day. It marked 8 years since my brother was killed in a horrific car accident. I did my best to hold it together...but after a pretty sleepless night, four hours in a car and holding back the tears...I was wound so tight I felt numb. I thank God for a wonderful husband who rubbed my back and prayed for me and comforted me. Yes...I've gotten through losing my brother...but I'll never get over it...and that day....it started as soon as I opened my eyes...I could hear my father's voice in my ear telling me my brother had been killed....and my heart broke for the millionth time and all I wanted in this world was to hug my brother one more time.....

But God is faithful, and I survived the day....and the travel....even with a rogue check engine light stretching the bowstring that much tauter....God is faithful, and I got home safely to my husband's waiting arms and felt some peace, some comfort and was able to sleep at least a few hours.

Here's to hoping today is better......

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Jami~

I thought about you and your family yesterday, as I remembered Shawn, and the wonderful person he really was. Every time I hear the song "Hotel California" I think of him because everytime I came to your house he would play it on his guitar. I can't believe it has been 8 years. It will never be easy, but we will always keep his memory alive.

*Hugs*

Brooke

Bug and Eye said...

Thank you so much Brooke, it helps to know that friends still feel it that day too...
Hotel California will always bring a smile to my face for that reason...
LYLAS Girl!

Brooke said...

You're welcome! We definitely still feel that day. Mine too, Jami, mine too! :)

mira said...

8? wow.

def. PTL with you about the results. Do you think perhaps you could try a cleansing diet? I've heard wonderful things about the GAPS diet, for example. Might not fix everything, but would definitely help isolate any food-related problems...

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Hugging you. Glad the test results came back fine. Love you.