Thursday, March 04, 2010

OY!

What a day...and it hasn't really started. I was lamenting to God on my way to work today....there really aren't enough hours in my day. I get up, get ready for work, kiss the hubby and fly out the door....around 12 hours later I return....exhausted, look at the Wii and tell myself I really should work out and head off for a shower. Some days I make it back to the Wii and I always feel better once I have....
But lately, with the whole GERD thing and not really being able to eat anything without either feeling like it is coming right back up or that my stomach is on fire and the monsters are trying to attack....I haven't really felt up to anything. Which is discouraging since my goal is to get healthy and fit. I know, I have to take it slow and give my body a chance to heal...but it's taking too long. and I miss real food.....and boy I'm whiny today....

So I threw all of that at God today. and Bless my mother.....she made me a CD a few months ago when I was dealing with sleepless nights....and of course that was what was in the player while I was driving to work....and the song that started to play was a wonderful reminder that even though right now is a valley, it's ok, because ....

Great is Your faithfulness oh God
You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters in to mercy
And nothing can keep us apart
So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh GodYour grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Great is Your love and justice God
You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation
And all Your people sing along
So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh GodYour grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me ~Chris Tomlin

2 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Good song... :) Isn't it *funny* how God gives us those little reminders in the form of songs or daily Bible verses landing in our in-box or something someone says or.... so on. :) Love you!

Bug and Eye said...

I love them. It's like when you're hanging off the edge of the cliff and your arms are so so tired and then you realize....the ground is only inches away....that wonderful sense of relief that nope, this day is not my last.