Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rejoice with Me!

The Lord God is my strength, and He has made my feet like the hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places. Habakkuk 3:19 NASB

Anyone feel like counting blessings?
If you've been watching the countdown clock...the number's getting small....(YAY!) and if you've been reading the posts you know that the writer has been getting anxious and trying hard to pray and to trust...
Amazing what happens when God breaks through. I read an incredible book my momma loaned me.....and it's very interesting what happens when you get out of your own way...get out of God's way and into His will....He doesn't want me to lose sleep and to ache every day from the stress and tension....He wants me to do what I can - to go to work, to do my job to the best of my ability, to trust Him and to pray for my needs....
well.....
The wedding is planned. We're talking about a few options for a honeymoon.
oh yeah....did I mention we found a place to live? With Christian neighbors and landlords!
I move in June 1 and the Bug will move in after the wedding....it's kind of perfect....it's above the apartment where our Bible study is hosted and owned by the man who runs our Bible study....and at least one more family on our street goes to our church :-)

"so whatcha gonna do about the CVill place?" Well...I have always prayed for that house to be a blessing....My sis is gonna live there for a while :-)

We have an open house coming up on May 17....pray that God's will be done and I have the good sense to accept whatever that may be :-D

So....in the midst of all of this, I am reminded of a conversation the Bug and I had earlier this week...or maybe it was last week....but still.....
I had come to the astonishing (ok....not so astonishing...but still) revelation that prayer can't just be whining and that we have to take time to thank God for the heaps of blessings He has already poured out....and that is when that wonderful man I am marrying reminded me that yes, we are told to present our requests to God....but WITH THANKSGIVING. That prayer MUST include praise....duh Eye.... :-)

I thought about that a lot on Sunday while I got lost in the praise....I just didn't want to stop...and as I signed and the tears flowed down my face at the wonder of the intimacy with God that worship is....I realized that none of my concerns really matter....in the long run...I've got God - what more do I need?

Yes, the house and wonderful husbandtobe is great, BUT I have to make sure they are in proper order....
hmm....food for thought....

May your day be blessed.

2 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Good food. ;)

Bug and Eye said...

Thanks! :-)
How are you??? It feels like forever since we've talked