Friday, April 27, 2007

Yup!

Ever feel like life is a roller coaster? As I read a post about burning huts I thought to myself - yup. been there. ...and so has she....and I wondered why we go through the same fires over and over....and then I was reminded of what exactly the process of purifying gold is like...the gold is melted....then remelted...and again and again until all of the impurities float up and are skimmed away until it is pure and without spot....and God desires that for each of us...
I know I certainly wish there were an easier way....like a loofah and plenty of bath & body works bottles....and a hot bubble bath...yeah....that would be great....
but what would I learn? to be comfortable where I am rather than to strive to keep putting that foot forward.
We're taking Bug's car into the shop today....he just got this new job....and then comes the rain...but then I rejoiced....provision. Manna.
Amazing what God does...
and I'm ashamed to admit that most of the time I flat out miss it....
so here's to searching for the blessings.....

3 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

here, here. Love you.

Bug and Eye said...

Thursday night at Bible study this one man kept saying "The praises go up, the blessings come down"
I say we give it a shot!

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Amen :) Praises are good.