Saturday, April 28, 2007

Rainy Saturday All to Myself!

OK, so here it is Saturday, it's rainy, my roommate is in Greece for a couple of weeks traveling the trails Paul did (how freaking cool is that?? I hope she's taking a ton of pics and will let me share some)
Darryl has my car at work since his is at the shop hopefully being fixed so it no longer stalls at red lights...
so here I am....all alone with a computer, some thoughts and a ton of forced free time. (Sad when it has to be forced to use it....)

And really wishing that I had Bug's camera.... A) so I can share all these pics I keep promising; 2) so I can show off my handiwork! and d) I got "new" specs...
that was a trip....finally broke down and went to the eye doc.....I ask if I can keep my frames as I'm quite fond of them (I have a weirdly tiny head and adult sized frames don't fit...so I shopped forever and paid more than I wanted to for these, but they fit and they are cute so I wanna keep them dangit!) He tells me that it's possible....wise ehhhh....then he tells me that they have to be shipped out of NY, be put into a machine to trace the shape so the lenses can be cut (which is different from new frames how?) and then shipped back and there is a cost involved. So I'm thinking a few hundred and maybe I should pick new glasses...nope...$25. So I kept my little bronze frames....and now I can see again.
Dude....I didn't realize just how much my eyes had been compensating...I put my new eyes on and felt like I was walking on a platform....made me a little seasick but once my eyes realized "hey we don't have to work this hard!" it got much better and now I can see and my head doesn't ache, so that's gotta be something, right?

so I got up, brewed some creme brulee coffee, mopped the kitchen, vacuumed up what I didn't get a chance to do last weekend and put in a load of laundry. Later I intend to take a bath and give myself a manicure and pedicure....and wish I had a camera to share because I'm feeling mischievous and creative so my nails are probably going to come out fun.....

I'm also thinking that the saxophone needs to come out of the box today. Just before my surgery (Sept. and Kasey promises she's sending recovery pics for your laughing pleasure...but ya know....) I began playing again with the intention of switching from a vocalist to a saxophonist in our worship band....I haven't played a lot since high school (the heart issue that is no longer an issue (btw, did I ever share about that?) caused major problems trying to play so I didn't....it was sad)
but anyway, I started to play again and then I had to have my gall bladder out and well....playing a wood wind and having incisions in your abdomen do not go well together.....so I stopped again....but now I'm pretty much healed up with only the occasional pull from the scar tissue...so I think it's time to bring it out again....this should be fun.....anyone who has ever played a woodwind is shaking with laughter right now because they know how far gone my armature is...(and I'm not sure I spelled that right but for the non-musicians in the group it has to do with the muscles around my mouth that need to remain taught while I play and not allow air in to goof with the sound....doesn't take long for these muscles to relax and not hold as tight, which produces a whiny sound...hey you learned something!!)
but anyway....
playing should be rather interesting and aw shucks, I don't have blue tooth on any of these computers so there won't be any videos....;-)

well there's my "monster" post for a rainy Saturday....I think a bubble bath and a book sound good...right after some baked fries for breakfast (nope, I haven't changed) =Þ

May your day be blessed! May you hear God whispering your name in the wind, may you feel his hand on your face in the sun, may you see His working in everything you set your eyes upon today....May you be wrapped up in His arms like a perfcect down comforter and may your day be complete with JOY!

2 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

new specs... need some of those myself. Quit playing in highschool... Hmm... are you sure you want to go there? I don't recall exactly why, but I am pretty sure I can get pretty close on that one. *sigh* Lessons learned... Love you!!! :)

Bug and Eye said...

yeah well yanno...... :-D
love you too