Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Some Wonderful Thoughts

Hebrews 11:1:

NIV: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

Message: 1 -2The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.

KJV: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

John 14:26:

NIV: But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Message: 25 -27"I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.

KJV: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


Bible.com. Gotta love it....amazing how much clearer a verse becomes just by reading a couple of different translations.....God is just cool...now who will give me an Amen to that?

2 comments:

mira said...

amen. I love diff. translations...really helps with inductive Bible study and personal application.

Bug and Eye said...

YUP!!
and what was cool today was in "Drawing Near" my passage was Phil. 1:9-11 - I read it in my NIV - got to work and my verse of the day on my calendar is the same passage from the message translation :-)