Monday, April 02, 2007

Adventure!! Part I

Pics to come....

We started the day with a yellow rose, croissants and a cashmere green tea chai latte....I then blindfolded my dear fiance and we ventured out!

Our first stop was the ToyTown USA museum in East Aurora - but because it's on the Fisher Price grounds - no cameras were allowed....It was so much fun! We watched a video on the history of FP toys.....and I watched Bug light up as he remembered playing with said toys....plus they had a mini hockey hall of fame, which is always a plus!

After that it was lunch time....so we headed to the Roycroft Inn (which is part of the Roycroft Campus....which we'll talk about in a little bit). He had artichoke saffron soup, I started with the French Onion....next came a grilled vegetable ravioli for him and an open faced snow crab salad sandwich for me....and what adventure lunch out is complete without dessert? Creme brulee for both of us *drool*

After we had sufficiently stuffed ourselves, we toured the rest of the Roycroft Campus, which was just downright amazing - we saw an old style print shop, all sorts of fun antiques, pottery, art.....and Darryl even debated Michelangelo (yes, I got a picture).

The Roycroft Campus is part of this wonderful artisan's guild, so there are all these (way too expensive for us...) treasures, wine crates, library tables, cube chairs, even an African tongue drum! (yes he played it ;-) )

Next stop on our journey through historic East Aurora was Vidlers 5 & 10...how much fun!! It is a true old fashioned five and dime store...rather packed since it was Saturday but still a grand adventure!

We were next going to Emery Park for a hike but it was a bit chilly and we were starting to get a bit on the tired side....so we headed home and took a nap and watched a bit of the Sabres game before I headed home and him to bed...

It was a great day.....I can't wait to show you pictures! I love that he's interested in all of this stuff too...sure makes planning an adventure much easier!!

3 comments:

mira said...

awww! sounds fun :) WNY is a treasure trove, that's for sure.

now where are those pics??

Bug and Eye said...

On Bug's camera....I'm trying to bribe him into emailing them to me but he's been swamped between the two jobs and teaching his class....so I guess I hafta give him a little leeway....just a little

Bug and Eye said...

I think that is a wonderful idea ;-)