Friday, June 01, 2007

Happy Dance Anyone?

He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. Job :21 NIV

I'll take it!

This morning, as I enjoy an ever healthy breakfast of a twinkie and bottle of water, I'm finding joy in the little things...It was 73ยบ when I left this morning....twinkies taste really good ya know?

Bug and I (or eye if you really prefer) are in the midst of some huge decision making....we're seeking God's will and earnestly looking for clear answers....too bad God doesn't deal in neon billboards with our names on them....but still...it's pretty cool that the Creator of the universe - the one who knit it all together....he cares about what we do enough to guide us.

Last night I babysat - a nearly three year old and a 6 week old. As I fed that tiny baby his bottle I looked at him and agreed with Bug for the millionth time - How can you look at a baby and NOT believe in God? The intricate nature of a human being, knit together....it's amazing.

I felt the same way the first time I saw my heart on an echo cardiogram....something that intricate, that finely designed, and people can DOUBT GOD? dude....

But I digress...anyway...as I was holding the baby and talking to the toddler, I was reminded again of how great our God is - his attention to detail, his thoughts put into everything...and my heart is filled with praise.

So today, on this lovely Friday....Make a joyful noise and sing to your Heavenly Father - He WILL yet fill our mouths will laughter!!

a throwback to HA chapel days....
Do you not know, have you not heard? the Lord is the everlasting God the creator of the ends of the earth, he will not grow tired and weary...and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Hallelujah, hallelujah!

4 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Needed that today :) Love you

Bug and Eye said...

God is SO cool :-)
Love you too!!
OH! and thought of a way to entice J...a bass pro shop is coming to my neck of the woods...cheesecake for you...bass pro for him :-D

Mrs. Guthrie said...

*lol* He doesn't really fish. :)

Bug and Eye said...

I hear there's hunting/camping/sportsman type stuff too....ooh! and um, um, um...uh....there's gotta be SOMETHING to entice him to come out this way.... ;-)