Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My turn! My turn!

Ok, so I've seen many posts of yumminess....here is mine!

Yesterday was my future SIL's birthday...she's got a major lovin' for my fettuccine portabella....so I promised it to her for dinner.....



MORE MUSHROOMS! We need many more mushrooms...and some marsala!
here's where we start by giving some red onions a little sweat time in some olive oil...then add some garlic, spices and once we have a good sweat going...drop in some marsala.....then come the SHROOMS!!!

















and here it is all done up nice and purty like....pasta, alfredo, many shrooms.....




















and what good is pasta without some bread....with a mixture of minced and roasted garlic, Italian herbs and spices and some sundried tomato and basil mozzarella on top?














So Bug serves up the bread....
















and FSIL says (and I really do quote)
















"If I were wearing jeans, they'd be unbuttoned"



I'd say it was a successful dinner :-D


Happy Birthday TawnTawn!

coming soon: Our trip to the dollar store!!! (you won't want to miss it....)

3 comments:

mira said...

ha! great post and quote. Not so sure about the fungi, but the alfredo part looks yummy. I'm thinking about lemon and basil fettucini with grilled chicken for dinner tonight....maybe now I need garlic bread too.

Mrs. Guthrie said...

*lol* you're right, I can't WAIT for the dollar store trip..... let's go, let's go! M, yes, you do need the bread :)

Bug and Eye said...

mmmm sounds good to me!!
Bug does a rosemary and lime pasta that is out of this world