Tuesday, June 01, 2010

ooh...

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.- Corrie Ten Boom

I really wish I had heard this quote before the stress of the weekend began because it is oh so true....

Well...we're moved. We're exhausted and sore, but we're moved. We spent a lot of the weekend trying to find the right places for things and trying to find things we needed....I asked Bug when he thought it would start to feel like home. He said give it a week....right now it feels like we're visiting somewhere...living out of boxes and suitcases....our bed would not go back together so our mattress and boxspring are on the floor - and in the midst of being ready to break from the stress tension and exhaustion it hit me...how much had I been praying about the move and everything? I'm ashamed to admit just a few words here and there. By the time Saturday night rolled around, I was so worn down that my stomach was chewing itself to pieces. So I laid down and it hit me. I needed to pray. So I started with the way I was feeling and thanking God for our new place and a successful move and went on to protecting our marriage and getting us through settling in and guiding each step...I ended up falling asleep praying in the spirit. And for the first time in I don't know how long, I had peaceful dreams instead of ones where I woke up going "how on EARTH did my subconscious come up with that one???????"

Here's where you may all say "um, duh Eye." Yes, I know where my help and peace and strength (hee hee, and daily food for those that were just waiting for it....) come from. Why is it so darn hard to get it from the brain know to the practice know?

So last night I started re-reading The Forgotten God by Francis Chan. Amazing author (also wrote Crazy Love).....time to start remembering what powers the system....and I don't mean coffee this time.

God is faithful. We found not only a bed in our price range, but the new mattress we've been needing for a while...on sale....God rocks.

1 comment:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

He sure does!!! :)