Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Brain Hungry! Need Food!

Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desertand streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19

Ooh...that one may take my brain all day to chew on....
Lately I've been in a funk, feeling down and feeling the weight of the many stressors around me crushing down and I've tried to fight it and tried to just "deal" and accept the stressors....then a wise person said to me "don't do that." Because as soon as I do that I am allowing that THING to be stress, and once that stress is removed, I allow the stress to capture something else. I need to not accept it. I need to pry my fingers off of it and look to God for peace. No, that doesn't mean that things will never get to me and that I won't feel pressure...it means that I won't let it surround me and take over my thoughts so that I'm lying awake every night mentally yelling at God for not letting me have "sweet peaceful sleep" like Psalms promises....

So...my mission...and I've chosen to accept it....is when those things hit me hard, oh and I bet the last doughnut and coffee they will, I need to look at it, praise God for the strength to get through and press on. Yesterday it manifested in the form of "God, help me to not let this steal my joy today" rather than crying in the ladies' room like I really wanted to.

1 comment:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Good lesson :) Love you.