Friday, May 28, 2010

Sometimes it's good to remember the sad.

Trading My Sorrows ~ Darrell Evans
I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord
I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen
I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

About 8 years ago, a dear, dear friend received a message from God that I needed a book called Why God? for my birthday. This wonderful friend questioned God...that's an odd thing to give her for her birthday....but the friend was obedient. She bought the book. And she listened to God's leading and penned the song above into it. She had no idea that 6 days later my older brother would be killed in a senseless car accident.

Nor did she have any idea that 8 years later I would feel like I'm at the bottom of the hole and am so low I can't see the top...and she didn't know that I would remember the song, remember the book, remember her obedience to God, and remember that even though I feel like I'm stuck in the valley of the shadow this week....there's a way out, and that the tears will dry, and that God's still got me and even though I feel like I've had the tar beaten out of me and I don't understand why I am going through these trials.....the JOY comes with the morning.

Thank you so much, Ernie. I love you girlfriend.

2 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

...... *whew*....... *sniff*....... I love you, too. I had forgotten about that.... Jesus bumps!!! :) Love you and praying for you. God is good... ALL the time. You know my digits... use them if you need to.

Bug and Eye said...

thank you!