Friday, February 12, 2010

One foot in front of the other....

So.....
I've boldly and fearfully shared my goal to lose weight...I've put myself out there and am becoming accountable.

Last night I was sharing my frustrations with Bug and he brought out two sheets of notebook paper. On one he had listed his goals, the other was for me. We talked about what we needed to do to meet those goals and how we would celebrate once we got there...we talked about how we can workout together without renewing the gym membership....how we can cheer each other on and strive to cook more meals than not....to put some control back into what goes into our stomachs....olive oil vs. butter....grapes vs. dessert.....
and he made an excellent point.
Instead of saying "I am going to eat less fried things" I should say "I am going to eat more raw veggies." because the second I mention the fried foods...that's all I'm going to think about...and I'll gnaw my way through half the kitchen before giving in and eating the darn fries....

Interesting.

So...I managed to put two pounds back on. And I tried my hardest not to get upset...but it did upset me....and so I comforted myself with a snack....what is wrong with me?
I'm miserable at this weight. My clothes don't fit, I don't have any energy and yet....it's not enough to kick my butt into gear. hrm.

Fortunately, I have a husband who cares about my goals and manages to help me focus toward them rather than making me feel like he thinks I'm fat. In fact, he gets rather annoyed with me when I am down on myself about my weight and feeling like I am less attractive since we got married....he gently kisses me, tells me that I am beautiful and suggests that maybe I'd like an apple instead of ice cream....
and you know what? I appreciate it.
I LOVE YOU BUG!!!!!

So...I hung the eat better America healthified recipe calendar in the kitchen and here we go.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Jami~

Hey, girl! I totally know and understand what you are going through. I am also in the same boat and it makes it even harder to get motivated when you husband has been gone for 5 weeks and counting.

I keep telling myself I am going to workout, but never do. :( I try to eat healthy, and, for the most part, I do, but still need to excerise.

Anyway...having a supportive husband who loves you for who you are makes it much easier.

A week from this Sunday, after Robert gets back from Alabama, we are going to start eating healthy and working out together. We are both really excited to get started on this program and hope to transform our lives...for the better. :)

I wish you the best my friend. Feel free to email me anytime!

Love,
Brooke

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Chin up, chick. You ABSOLUTELY CAN DO THIS!!! :D Recognizing the issue is such a huge step. And Bug is absolutely right. You ARE beautiful. Getting in shape is only going to help you actually feel that way. It won't be MAKING you beautiful.

Love you.