Thursday, February 25, 2010

mmm....yup. that's what we needed

Be generous with me and I'll live a full life; not for a minute will I take my eyes off your road. Open my eyes so I can see what you show me of your miracle-wonders Psalm 119:17-18 MSG

Open my eyes - that statement says so much. How often are we praying and praying and praying and praying for something....and we miss it because we can't be "bothered" to stop praying and see that our prayer was answered?

There's this song by Stephen Curtis Chapman called Waiting for Lighting...are you waiting for lighting? a sign that it's time for a change? are you listening for thunder, while he quietly whispers your name?

ouch. yeah. maybe I do that...ok....so maybe I do that a lot.......
so how do we fix it? how do we shut out the world? how do we know when to stop praying and start praising? Because aren't we told to be persistent? Aren't we told to pray without ceasing?

yes...but we are also told in all things to present our requests with prayer and.....THANKSGIVING.....
oh...yeah...that could work.....pry my eyes off of me for three seconds and realize it's not really about me is it?

2 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

thoroughly slapped over here. ;)

Bug and Eye said...

yeah....I think I've still got some wood grain on my face too....