Wednesday, January 27, 2010

doubt....sleeplessness....ugh....

Ever doubt yourself? Ever worry about your day and replay it over and over in your mind trying to reassure yourself that you did everything as you were supposed to and could you please shut down your mind and go to sleep now?

That's where I was last night....the anxiety chewing up my stomach, and the mighty taco didn't help either.....so I prayed until I fell asleep....amazing how much that helps.

I was frustrated with this same thing not long ago and voice same to Bug. I vented. "God freed me from this prison! Why am I anxious? Why am I so stressed I could throw up? huh? WHY??" My wonderful husband was quiet for a moment and then said something that stopped me in my tracks. "It's a prison with an open door. You need to walk out of it."

ooh. he's right. I was freed, I don't have to be a slave to the worry.....so why am I sitting in the cage? The door's open.....so how about I strap on my shield of faith and walk out?

Yesterday was a hard day, and I didn't eat much...so by the time I headed home, I needed at least 900 calories to round out the day and not under eat. So I got some mighty taco to cure that. I think I may be going about this wrong....although, I did weigh in down two pounds last night! wahoo!

3 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Hmm.... very good point, Bug.

Eye, I'm sorry you had a hard day. :/ Those stink hardcore. But good way to take care of it!! :) (The praying til you fall asleep part. Not so much on the mighty taco. ;) )

Bug and Eye said...

yeah, that wasn't a strong moment :) lol
but now Taco Bell has the "drive thru diet" and they have all these wonderful yummy things that satisfy the "need" for fast food - but without killing the day - fresh salsa rather than loading up with cheese and sour cream, grilled chicken rather than fried beef....it's the fresca menu and it's actually pretty tasty....that and I stocked the freezer with healthy choice...those late nights from big brown...I hate to cook for one.

Mrs. Guthrie said...

I know how that goes. :) My take is "I hate to cook for three," but, you get the idea. :) That's why we do our main meal at lunch time and "lunch" in the evening. :)