Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I don't want to get tired just folding laundry.

I am tired of having to wear long jackets because the waistband on my pants doesn't look right. I'm tired of having to be creative in my wardrobe because only three pairs of pants fit.
I'm tired of having no energy.
I'm tired of wanting to go to bed at 7:00.
I'm tired of having no willpower over fatty fried foods.

wow.
admitting all of that.....
now what? Do I continue to eat the fried stuff and whine about how it's going to hurt tomorrow?
.....well, I hope not.....so.....I'm posting about it.

Bug gave me my birthday present a little early....and I've already lost 4 pounds...but last night? I ate 20 chicken nuggets without blinking...(ok so maybe I blinked a few times...but I inhaled those suckers without regard for the 900ish calories I was taking in.....)

so....tonight I need to hula-hoop a few extra rounds....as well as clean out my car for the arrival of the replacement....

the other tool I've found? OH it's wonderful!! My dear sweet L friend turned me on to it - and it's amazing how much it helps just being held accountable....

Most days I look at the cookie and ask "Do I really want to have to log this?" and there are support teams for when I've had a craptastic day and really just want something fried to make it all go away.....

so what is this wonderful tool? Spark People. This guy decided to help people lose weight and get healthy and invested a ton of his OWN money to do so.....so I've been reading articles, tracking foods, touching base with a friend and learning that it's more than just not eating the french fries until the pants fit again...it's a whole lifestyle change....healthy changes done over time that stick...

I entered Stage 2 today.....

3 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Definitely with you on the lifestyle change bit.... It's the reason most diets don't work... because the change is only there until the desired weight/size is reached. :/ *sigh* And yeah, blogging totally helps. :) You end up being accountable to far more people than just yourself. Oh, the joys! :)

So, thanks for sticking yourself out there and sharing. Always good to know that you aren't alone in your endeavors. Keep up the good work!!! :D

Bug and Eye said...

Thank you!!
I just gotta keep thinking about how much better I am going to feel....the energy as well as not having that searing pain of a gall stone...did you know you can still get those when you don't have a gall bladder? Yup. that's why you're supposed to change up your diet.......but alas....I thought I was fine....*sigh*

Mrs. Guthrie said...

lol. Hmm.....

Yup, you will feel better. :)