Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Stuff

Ok...so these are admittedly not quite as "AWW!! YAY!" as her new pics but seriously, what is as aww yay as a new bundle of joy??
anyway....these were taking by the wonderful woman who is our wedding photographer, Brooke



Slowly getting more settled...found the kitchen floor, which was wonderful...made my first "real" meal....and forgot to take pics (lemon pepper fish, garlic and olive oil with pasta and a salad)....we hung out in our new place for the first time on Sunday so that was awesome.

This morning I did something that I'm a bit ashamed to admit has been a while since I've done...I sat and read my Bible before I left for work....got up a bit earlier...showered up and packed my lunch....and sat and soaked in God's goodness...and you know what? I ended up leaving the house full of peace and in a great mood. (yes, shocker....) I've started reading a women of faith series devotional called Receiving God's Goodness it's all about how we think we deserve to stay in chains and how we can't seem to grasp that grace really did cover us and it's not a just this once type of thing...
and then of course, being Satan....he attacked what I had just learned....brought up sins long forgiven and I started to feel horrible...but then....God reminded me...forgiveness is forever. And then it hit me - we cannot be saved by deeds....we can also not be taken from God by deeds. Just because I screwed up doesn't mean that's it, you're toast, head on back to your shackles.....
Our Pastor was talking about the unpardonable sin on Sunday....he said that a lot of people worry that they've committed it. Pastor said "If you're here, and you're concerned about it - you didn't do it." That's the big thing - if you actually care about what you did - then that deed isn't about to take you to a place where God's grace cannot reach you. You just have to crawl back into his arms...tell Him about it...be sorry and mean it and take those actions to turn away from whatever seeks to take you from him.
and then....of course....a song started playing in my head....
I posted about it once before...(listen here)
but here's the chorus...

My chains are gone I’ve been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

and then...of course....my VOD solidified what I knew and what God has been pounding into me all day....Satan can't have the victory, he can't steal the seeds that God has planted because
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18 NIV

God's cool.

3 comments:

mira said...

mr. waaz currently leaves for work around 4:30 every morning, and it is my goal to get up with him, make his lunch, and then have some quiet time of my own before the kids wake up. I, too, have been slacking now that I'm not a study leader. Good reminder, and great pics!

mira said...

love #26, 32, 41, 49, &53. The last few are pretty funny, I can just imagine the thoughts in your heads "get this camera outta my face!"

Bug and Eye said...

thanks!! #53 is my fav
how much sleep is CB letting you get?