Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Three Years...

I remember it so clearly...all ready in my dress, my hair just right, my veil securely attached...I even remembered to move my engagement ring to my right hand so that my wedding band could go on first as it's supposed to....
My dad smiled at me, told me that I looked beautiful and the doors opened - and there he stood...I know there were people there as I walked down the aisle but all I saw was a beautiful smile waiting for me at the altar...and I resisted the urge to run....

Three years ago today, I married my best friend and began on such an incredible journey. Every day brings something new, a new joy, maybe a new sorrow, but we've dealt with them all together....this anniversary feels a little more special to me as I feel a little girl dancing around in my belly - as if to say she's happy he picked me too...

In just a few weeks our little family will expand to three and it's hard to imagine our joy being greater than it already is with the two of us and I am overwhelmed by God's amazing blessings.

Bug, I love you so much. I am honored that you picked me to be your wife, and I am blessed that God is giving us a child, and my heart overflows with joy for what is happening in our lives.
We've listened to the words of "our" song...and whether times are good or bad or happy or sad...we've stuck together and just let those things make us stronger.

I love the man that you are, the Godly leader, my best friend and confidant, supporting and guiding - you are amazing and I have no doubts that you are going to be an equally amazing father.

Happy Anniversary, Bug!

No comments: