Friday, December 12, 2008

It's not Wednesday so I guess I have to use words.....

Today, I'll share a recipe.... for one grinning husband....


start with some yummy peppers, onions, garlic and spices





















then tomatoes...crushed and diced... (and of course more seasonings....chili must have KICK)




















three kinds of beans.....



YUP! Veggie Chili!





Simmer it for what can seem like an eternity when the house smells this delicious...
don't forget to make cornbread....




















and voila! one grinning husband!

3 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

*lol* grinning husbands are good. :)

mira said...

ha, been awhile since I saw *that* grin in relation to dinner. Must amend.

love the blue in the kitchen. There are SO many vintage pieces that would match (Pyrex has a whole line, for example)!

Bug and Eye said...

LOL you should have seen him standing over the pot while the chili simmered...an agonizing 45 minutes.....he's adorable.

we love that color too...my next project is to paint the cabinets chocolate brown and find new flooring...this one always looks dirty no matter how much I mop....