Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endureth forever.
Just a few of the starters.......
It's deep dish peach....and no. it's not a "non-pie" because it's rectangle ;-) I set up a little buffet behind dad....I actually got to use ALL of my crockpots for one meal!!
Methinks me father enjoyed the meal ;-)
Me brother too.....
It was a successful dinner!! sorry I wasn't able to snap more yummy shots....I got up at 4:30 to put the turkey in the oven (threw out my back doing so...thank God for strong fiances!)...my H sister knocked on the front door a few hours later so I made her a mocha and myself a macchiato....and then the Bug and Eye ventured to Giant for just a couple things....and then I began to make the largest mess ever out of my kitchen to create a feast :-) and not one of my family members picked on me for having a large rectangle deep dish peach pie.....

It was so nice having so much of my family there....it was a good day...and as I sat at the table with a full plate and surrounded by the ones I love....the aches left my body and I forgot about the effort to make the meal, and I smiled.

As we enter this Christmas season, I pray that you are blessed beyond measure and that the peace of God that passes all understanding saturates your soul and home.




4 comments:

Pauley said...

Tell your brother to pull his pants up, I don't need to know what color his boxers are. ;)

-- Pauley

mira said...

happy thanksgiving :)

I see I've neglected your blog, there are about 5 new posts since last time I checked. Hmm, guess I can say I've got the budding computer addiction nipped...if it makes you feel better, i missed several of erin's entries as well...

mira said...

and hey, at least you got to USE your house!

Bug and Eye said...

yup, and I did a little happy dance in the kitchen. I made a huge meal (and a huge mess) and my brother cleaned it up!!