Monday, June 15, 2009

Musings for a Monday

It was a good weekend.

Friday we had a quiet dinner and watched some TV and headed to bed early....Saturday we got up, hit the gym (grrr buff burley Eye!), walked the Art Festival, spent some quiet time together at home and then went out for a nice dinner....home and early to bed....


Sunday was pretty good, church (poor Bug broke a string during worship....but it was easily rememdied and the worship leader asked for testimony so he could have a chance to change it - it was a good time), then we did a little shopping, grabbed some lunch and headed home. We did our weekly "deep clean" of the place and vegged for a bit....then he did some study and I did some Zelda playing and then of course it was time to make the dinner...veggie fajitas. Amazing what you can do with few calories and lots of veggies to create a yummy yet diet friendly dinner...

and then came dessert....




which is actually pretty diet friendly as well.....fat free angel food cake, jell-o, fat free yogurt, fresh strawberry slices (no sugar on them!)...the only bad part was the homemade whipped cream....but I didn't eat enough of that to say so :-D

So back to Monday....the start of a new week.....Drove to work seeking God's grace and peace for the week and started to think about this song and it came on the radio...so of course I had to sit and listen :-D

and of course it got me thinking....if His grace is enough, why do I stress and worry so much? If you stop and think about it...God's owns the cattle on a thousand hills, He created the heart in my chest (and healed it!) - why can't I get my pea-brain to remember He's got the daily stresses under control too?


No doubt about it! God is good -- good to good people, good to the good-hearted. But I nearly missed it, mised seeing his goodness. I was looking the other way....I'm still in your presence, but you've taken my hand. You wisely and tenderly lead me, and then you bless me. Pasalm 73:1-3, 23-24 Message Translation


Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

So apropos. His grace IS enough.... He DOES own the cattle on a thousand hills. Our seemingly huge problems or needs or worries are as simple to him as breathing is to us. Love you. Thanks.